Monday, September 30, 2013

Dreams


We all dream whether or not we remember. It has to do with our brains sorting out the millions of bits of information we receive every day most of which have not surfaced to consciousness. This is another insight that teaches me about how little control I actually have over my thoughts and over how my life manifests… I am not in control…. Scary. Or, whew! What a relief! I choose to surrender. Life is so exciting when I surrender. In my latest series I start with a vague idea. I am never quite sure what it is going to look like until it is finished… And when is that? Good question. Not always easy to discern. I am experimenting with interference colours (they do not show up in the photo) and all sorts of household items like tin foil and cheesecloth. This painting will be part of the solo show I am preparing for in March at PAVA. As far as dreams go, I remember my daydreams better than my night visions. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment