Monday, February 3, 2014

Cold Feet



My feet are cold today. I have not taken my boots off all morning and the studio feels colder than usual. The temperature outside is a bit colder; I suspect it has more to do with my metabolism. I could use my cold feet as an excuse to go home. I could use my dripping nose for a reason to protect my canvases from integral damage…. Instead I put on another jacket and my lab coat. I may even boost the heat for a while. I have noticed an interesting phenomenon though. When I am into my painting, I am warm, or, at least I do not notice the cold. My complaints start as soon as I take a break. My breaks include a hot cuppa, water with some lemon juice. Tonight I will take a bubble bath. In the meantime I am so enjoying my negative spaces. As I have been working on the last two panels there have been other cold feet developing as well. I decided to fill the negative spaces with tissue paper rather than paint. Why? I ask myself, why did I do that?!? It takes so much longer than paint. I want to bail out; I don’t have time. Again the deadline dragon is breathing fire. So. All is well and all will be well. See? Look at the magic forming on the surface. It is so exciting! Breathe, calm. Be thankful. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment