Monday, February 10, 2014

Dreaming


Today I am dreaming of warmer weather and a new studio. This is a sneak peek at the new residence of Blanchet Fine Arts. It is the view from my kitchen window. At the moment the old wooden door is frozen open as there seems to be a drainage problem. I believe the back yard melts into the garage producing a lovely ice rink where the gallery will be located…. Yes! I am going to have a permanent gallery as well as a workspace. So exciting! Shortly I will turn my attention to buying new windows and a new door so the renovations can move ahead swiftly and smoothly. A set of pull-down stairs is on the list as well. Attics are wonderful. They hide away all kinds of clutter that is used perhaps once per year, things like Christmas decorations and the last seven years of tax receipts. Ah yes, tax receipts…. It is inventory time again. I face the same challenge of the last two years. I have no idea what I really own in the way of inventory. It is in boxes. Some of them I gave away; some of them remain unpacked, a situation that has not changed in almost three years. Most of the still packed items are for teaching. I hope to get back to teaching this fall. I do have a workshop in Redwater on April 5th. It is all about mixed media. Yes, I had better pay attention to what I do pack with that in mind…. I have already started packing in anticipation of the next move this summer. So exciting! Life is good. Life is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment