Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Painting Again


The lifeblood is flowing again. It feels so good to be back with a paint brush in my hand. And not the house variety. Oh we are still in the process with the house painting, our last job is the kitchen. That will be done tomorrow. In the morning meantime, my favorite music channel is playing sweet inspiration as I make improvements to the paintings I thought I had finished in October and as I plan value designs for the next triplet. I love my new space. I had not thought it possible to move everything in and still have space to work. Every inch of storage is being used. Some adjustments had to be made to the first arrangement. My paint, for instance, found the first location too warm so it settled in new surroundings away from the radiant heater. I am so thankful for my heater with its efficient heat waves and no air currents. My little bits of tissue paper stay in place on the shelves and on the table. That is if I do not walk past too quickly…. or sneeze. Next week I will invite my students to join me anew in our flexible, open atelier. Perhaps the car seats will be back in the van by then. In any case, tomorrow I will be drawing in the new images, planning another and fiddling with adjustments. Ahhh…heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment