Sunday, April 14, 2013

Done with Ease

The four panels are all drawn and ready to paint. It is a bit of a squeeze and I have decided that I will not attempt the other set of panels before clearing these. Since my retreat was cancelled last weekend due to weather I managed a fair bit of progress in the painting department. There used to be a sign above my desk that read: “This is easy”. I discovered that life is not always easy no matter how positive my thoughts are. There is, however, always a choice. I can choose to get angry, frustrated and resentful about the interruptions, inconveniences and lack of energy or can move into a space of ease, accepting what I cannot change and going with the flow of what I can do. I have discovered that my energy level tends to remain high in spite of any misdirections that may occur along the way. Attitude makes all the difference. Now that I am full fledged into painting on the panels I am missing my watercolours. I am no longer waiting for paint to dry. With four panels on the go it does not take long for the first one to dry and I tend to complete one colour in all four panels before moving into the next. Another thing I have discovered is that I do not appreciate being too regimented either. So, every once in a while, I take little side journeys into ink or tonal values. It looks like the seascape will be done first. I wonder what that says about me…… Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment