Monday, April 8, 2013

Smog








At last the sun has arrived. That was my thought before the snow storm this weekend. Driving to my studio last week I noticed that there were very few clouds in the sky but the day was not bright. Looking across the open space towards the new housing developments everything looked as if it were in a fog. I knew it was not fog. The sun was too bright and too hot for it to be fog. The next day I happened to notice an article in an older newspaper that inhabits our kitchen table and my suspicions were confirmed. Smog. It lingered for many days. I guess the atmospheric conditions were just right for the collection of undesired additives to our breathing space. Why did I want to move into the city? Ah, yes. Less driving. Mmmm. Life is full of choices. Each choice has a benefit and a price. Today brings with it another choice. I can stay home and work on the computer all day or I can go to my studio…. The latter is far more enticing. The murals beckon. My new watercolour insists. Sigh…. I could make the sacrifice and take up my brushes in two different media…. Well, maybe only one for now. The murals are at the drawing stage at the moment. It is so much fun watching them come alive… Oops! Did I say ‘fun’? Really, it is a sacrifice… I will choose fun over the computer work this time! The price is high, really….. It feels good to be free. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment